Thursday, August 7, 2014

The One with the Reveal

I did it.  I said goodbye to the owls and chose a new theme for my classroom this year.  I was a little nervous about it because it took me forever to make a decision on a theme.  But I love all my chalkboards and neons and am pleased with how it turned out.

Welcome to my 2014/2015 Classroom.



The view from the door...





Ready for Open House...even though I wont' be there.



I am in OBSESSED with this bulletin board.  I cannot wait to add their pictures from the first day of school and then change that hashtag out throughout the year.  I usually despise bulletin boards.  Last year my board was blank all year.  But I am super happy about this turned out.


This shelf holds supplies for students and is where they will turn in their work.





I bought these solid black panels but they were too short so I extended them with the green fabric.




My space...


Filled with work ready for the first week.






A few special owls got to stick around.  




The view from my desk...



Table Caddies



I think I'm going to add a cushion to my stool.


The front of the room...



My other whiteboard....




That's the full tour.  What do you think?  Think it will make math a little more fun for my students?

17 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! It's inviting, but not too busy. I'm still in the planning process for mine--we don't start until after Labor Day. I'm slowly getting things together, but haven't quite figured it out. I love the bulletin board too. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your accelerated math motivational chart. I'm going to pin your picture to my back to school board to remember it. Thanks for the great idea! Your room looks beautiful!

    Melissa
    Wild About Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks great! I love that you used the three-drawer organizers for all your copies. I'm stealing that idea and making a note about it right now. Thanks for the inspiration.
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your class looks AMAZING! I wish we had tables!

    I love the bright colors with the black!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful room! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your room! Where did you get the rules? I would love to add those to my room. Thanks! mmurray@conejousd.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bulletin board with the hash tag. Can't wait to try it this year! Where did you get the camera for that bulletin board? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember exactly. Pretty sure I just found an image through a google search.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE your ideas! Where did you find the signs posted by your clock? Those look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually made those. They are available in my TPT store. Search TheClassyTeacher. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm impressed! I was an owl girl too and I'm doing a chalkboard/bright colors design too. I can't believe you have work ready for the first week of school already....I need to get on it! It looks awesome girl...your students will love it!

    Stephanie Ann
    Sparkling in Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your rules posters! Do you have those available somewhere for others?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking the same thing about the rules posters!!! I love those and would purchase them if available!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. On your instagram bulletin board, did you cut the orange paper to size or did you find those precut? Super cute! I have 2 bulletin boards outside my room and am thinking of trying something like this on one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut them myself. I have a paper trimmer that made it quick and easy.

      Delete
  13. What's your idea for changing the hashtag throughout the year? Are you also changing the pictures? Curious because I really like it!

    ReplyDelete