Thursday, March 1, 2012

The One With the Outdoor Classroom

Well fellow teachers, I really did not mean to let an entire month pass us by without blogging. Things have just been crazy busy lately. I'm sure you know what that's like.

I often feel like I have to have some wonderful activity to share with you in order to post. I hope that is not the case as today I come to you with no real activity to share.

The weather where I live was absolutely gorgeous today. Though it is not officially spring for another twenty days, it could not have been more "spring like" outside today.

Most days I stay cooped up in my room working away. I go to the classroom next door to each lunch, but that's really the only time I leave my room. Today I had to go outside to help a coteacher for just a minute. As soon as I stepped outside I felt a strong desire to be outdoors instead of surrounded by the four walls of my room.

My last class of the day reaped the benefit of that desire. I gave instructions for the day as soon as they walked in and then we all headed outside to do our work. They loved it! Of course now they want to have class outside every day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment