Friday, March 16, 2012

The One With The Saved Email

I had a little situation today that I thought might benefit some of you. I learned in my first year of teaching that you should save emails. Unfortunately I learned the hard way.

I returned an email to a parent, but didn't save that email in my sent folder. Apparently the email got lost in cyberspace and never made it to the parent. That parent got very upset and went to my principal complaining that I was not communicating with her.

Thankfully I have a wonderful principal who believed me about sending the email. From that day on I started saving every email I sent.

It's also important to save emails people send you, especially those that are about an agreement.

I had a situation this week where I did not receive payment that I earned. A saved email was my rescue. It kept me from losing $100.

If you don't already, be sure to save all important emails. You never know when you might need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment