Friday, July 4, 2014

The One with the New Curriculum

My school uses Investigations for K-5 Math.  It has is pros and cons with one of the pros being that it is a set curriculum.  That is something I didn't have for 6th grade last year.  We purchased Mathalicious for 6-8 which is a great program, but it is not in itself a curriculum.  We found very quickly that it wasn't enough.  By the end of the first quarter we had abandoned that program and were putting our units together as we went.  

Not the idea situation.

Because of that I was thrilled when we adopted a new curriculum for the upcoming year.  We have decided to adopt College Preparatory Mathematics.

I haven't had a chance to dive into it as much as I would like, but so far I like what I see.

I really like the order in which it covers concepts.

It also seems to do an excellent job of tying several concepts together instead of isolating them.

I'm curious if any of you use this curriculum.  What do you like and dislike about it?


1 comment:

  1. We just adopted Bridges for our 5th grade, and are working on adopting a new curriculum for 6-8 (we'll see what happens with that). I did the training in June and really like how concepts are tied together and all of the opportunities for extra practice. We were looking at Mathalicious as a supplement for 6-8. Other than it not being sufficient for an entire curriculum, did you like the activities?

    ReplyDelete