Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The One That Was Late: Monday Made It


On a  Tuesday.  

I had my post all ready to go and then completely forgot to publish it yesterday.

Oops!

I am happy to say that this past week has been a productive one for me.  Seeing how many days I have left until everything needs to be ready was just the kick in the pants I needed.

Most of the things I've been working on are lesson plans. I'm hoping to share some of the project and assessments I've created soon.

I did a few "fun" things.


Last year I made posters to display the 8 Standards for Mathematical Practices.  I found myself referring to these often throughout the school year.  My students even learned to recognize when they were putting them into action.  They would say "I really persevered today." or "He did that with accuracy."

It made my teacher heart happy.

I recreated them this year to match my new theme.  I also changed them up a bit to make them student friendly "I can" statements.



If you like what you see, you can check them out in my TPT store.



I finally got my hands on my class list last week so I made part of my door decorations.

This pin is my inspiration and sort of what I'm going for.



Esther G. has a fabulous number line in her TPT store for FREE.  I printed them off and cut them out.  Now I just need to laminate them and hang them up.  I love that they include negative numbers since I teach integers on the number line.  



And last but not least I made it by my classroom yesterday.  I wasn't there long, but I felt like I need to stop by and see my space again.  I made myself a short to do list of things that jumped out at me.  I'm hoping to spend a full day in there later this week because I have a pretty big painting project I want to tackle.



3 comments:

  1. I love that door idea! Nice work.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your door. It will be awesome when it's done!! Post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mathematical practice posters--especially perseverance. It's one I'm always trying to push with my students.

    ReplyDelete