Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Let Me Introduce Myself...Again

Hey y'all!

Welcome to my blog.  

I almost forgot this sweet little corner of the world wide web existed.

It's been almost a full year since I've been here sharing with y'all.

Oops!

I never meant for that to happen and have no real excuses as to why this space has been neglected.

But I'm back.

And telling myself that I will be more consistent here even though I'm not sure anyone really blogs anymore.  

Do they?

Do you have a blog?  

If you do I'd love to check it out.  Drop me a comment and let me know about your own little corner of the old web.


My whole blog needs a makeover and updating but I'm not allowing myself to do that until I prove to myself I will spend more time here.

I thought I would reintroduce myself since it has been so long.

I'm Mrs. Weaver better known on social media as The ClassyTeacher.


I married to my best friend, Mr. Weaver.  We've been married for 14 years and have the two sweetest furbabies!



 Liberty Belle


Lincoln Baxter





This year will be my 13th year in the classroom.  In all of those years I've taught at 5 different schools - hopefully I'm done changing schools - and I've taught all four content areas.  I've spent the most time in 7th grade which is where my heart lies but I've also taught 5th, 6th, and 8th grade.  

I currently teach 7th grade Math in a cotaught classroom.  That means I have another amazing teacher working with me.  This has been the best thing ever.  I love that I have a partner in the classroom.  It's more attention for our students and I've learned so much from her.  She is strong where I'm weak.

Oh in case you didn't gather from the "y'all" talk, I teach in the south.  

Arkansas to be exact.

I'm a huge fan of teaching my kids what it looks like to have a growth mindset.  Last year I attempted to model this by taking up cycling.  What an adventure!



When I'm not in the classroom you'll find me curled up at home with my hubby, dogs, and a good book.  I'm an introverted homebody.

I'm currently finishing up a series by Lauraine Snelling 


You can follow me on GoodReads under Elaina Weaver.





5 comments: