I've been seeing all these great post where fellow bloggers link up with 4th Grade Frolics and share some of the creations they have been making. I love that there is such a variety of creations - it isn't limited to things for the classroom. People share DIY projects for the home as well as recipes and a host of other things.
Only teachers can understand the need to start creating for the upcoming school year when it is still June. I have several different projects going on all over my house. My sweet non teaching husband just shakes his head at me and reminds me that I have two months until I go back to school. He says that as if it is a long time. I see it as a very short amount of time.
I' m not sure that I've completed any thing yet but I thought I would share the progress on the things I've been working on.
So without further ado...
Here is the one thing that I have finished.
Since we have been living in two separate houses, we had an extra plastic container. We kept dog food in it, but it actually made to store wrapping paper.
I marked off a chevron design with painter's tape. As you can tell from the picture, I didn't measure. I just did it. The lines aren't perfectly lined up, but that's okay.
I then just sprayed it with blue spray paint, let it dry, and removed the tape.
I plan to store my meter sticks in it.
A few projects that I'm still working on...
I have been revamping my tool box. I'm just changing out the labels. I am making them chevron to match this year's theme - owls & chevron.
Speaking of owls, I've been creating lots of owls. I plan to use these in the hallway. I just need to laminate them and add my students' names.
Now that I'm moving down to elementary, I'm having to think about decorating projects in a whole new way. I'm getting to do things that before were a bit childish for my students. One of those things is a birthday display. I found several different cute ideas on Pinterest. In the end I decided to combine those ideas and create something with supplies that I already had at home.
I painted a canvas, cut letters out of scrapbook paper, and attached them with spray adhesive. The plan is to add the months to the bottom and have ribbon hanging from the bottom with the birthdays.
This picture was my inspiration.
I'm also working on creating unit lesson plans and my teacher binder.
And last but not least, I didn't make this, but boy did I spend way too long trying to decide what color folders to use. Ha!
Sorry for the poor pictures. Iphone in poor lighting.