Friday, January 4, 2013

The One Looking Forward

I am sitting here enjoying my last bit of Christmas break.  Monday I will be back in the classroom.  Honestly, I'm ready.  I LOVE my job and when I'm not there I miss my students.

I have lots of big things planned for this semester that I am looking forward to.

A trip to California with a few awesome students.  San Francisco and Los Angeles aren't going to know what hit them.  This will be such a wonderful new cultural experience for my rural students.

A night on the town as I take my Pre AP class to see "Death of a Salesman".  They are so excited.  We are going to get all dressed up and go to dinner and a show.  Some of my boys want to wear a suit.  They crack me up!

One of the things I'm excited about is a monthly book report project.  We are going to do Historical Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Science Fiction/Fantasy, and Biography/Autobiography.  

One a month for the rest of the school year except April.  April is testing month so I thought I'd give them a break.

They may not be as excited about these as I am, but that's okay.  I have found several great ideas online for these projects.  I put bits and pieces together from several places to create something that I hope will work for me and my students.

I will share more about these as time goes on.  

I'm also pretty pumped about having my first intern this semester.  I'm also sad about it though because it is less time I get to spend teaching my students.  With this being my last year at my current school I want to soak up every minute.

We are starting physical science next week.  That means Newton's Three Laws of Motion.  I think this might be my favorite thing to teach in Science.  It is so much fun.    What can be better than learning while playing in the floor with hot wheels and ramps?

What are you looking forward to this semester?


No comments:

Post a Comment