Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The One With Power Teaching

Have you heard of power teaching aka whole brain teaching? I'm a fan and quickly becoming a bigger fan.

It makes for a high energy classroom as well as a highly engaged classroom. I'm in favor of both of these things.

I used bits and pieces of it a few years ago. The students and I both really loved it. I was a bit surprised at how well it went over with my 7th and 8th grade classes.

This year, I plan to use power teaching as my main source of teaching and classroom management.

Never heard of power teaching? Check out this video from youtube of a 6th grade math teacher using it to teach the order of operations.

You can search you tube and watch videos of it being used in Kindergarten all the way to college classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment