Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The One With the Background Knowledge

I decided to start a blog to share ideas and reflect on what's going on in Room 228. Let's start with a little background. The 2011/2012 school year will be my sixth year teaching. I spent my first year teaching in a small Christian school. I taught a combination class of 7th and 8th grade. I taught all subjects to seven students. My other four years have all been at my current school. I taught 7th and 8th grade Science for two years, 7th grade Science and History for one year, and now teach 7th grade Science and Math.

Math is not my strongest subject. In fact it is my weakest. It isn't something I ever planned on teaching. But now I've got a year under my belt and am looking forward to doing it again this year.

I love the school I work at. God knew exactly what He was doing when he placed me there. It seems to be a perfect match for me. I see about 90 students a day, though I see half of them twice a day. It's funny that that is a small school to me. I graduated in a class of 38 back in 2001. We were a large class. But where I live now, 90 students per grade level is small.

I believe in hands on teaching that involves today's technology.

That about sums it up. I hope you find something you can use throughout this journey of sharing and reflecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment