Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites

I feel like every blog post I write lately starts the same way...

I am determined to get back into blogging here.

In an attempt to do that I'm working on creating a regular blog schedule.

Today I am sharing some of my favorite moments from the week.

Last Friday we got a bit of snow and I was able to enjoy a snow day.


There was enough left around Monday morning to give us a one hour delay.  That extra time in the morning was definitely a favorite moment of the week.


We have a little AR competition going on between homeroom classes in each grade.

At the end of the week the class with the most AR points wins the trophy.

At the end of the nine weeks the class who held the trophy the most weeks wins a pizza party.

The trophy is a big stuffed teddy bear.

Since we were out last Friday because of the snow we had to wait until Monday morning to learn that we won last week.

My class was STOKED!

We learned today that we won again this week.

Meet Ted.


We decided he needed an AR book to read as well.

I love how this little competition is turning my students into readers.  They beg to read all day every day.  They are reading more challenging books because they want books worth lots of points.

Watching my students get excited over reading and discussing books with them will always be one of my favorite moments.


We have been studying different forms of energy in Science.  This week my students worked their way through 4 stations where they were able to "play" with different forms of energy.  They loved this!    One of our favorite moments of the stations was rubbing a balloon on our head and then holding it above gelatin.  And of course the great hair styles we created were also fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment