Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Made It - Arc Punch

Did you notice that title?

It didn't start with The One...

I don't know if anyone pays attention to that or even cares, but for me making the decision to no longer continue that was a big one.  

But I feel like it is hard to come up with good catchy titles that aren't extremely wordy.

So I'm letting it go.

I guess making that decision could be my first Monday Made It item.  Ha!




Monday Made it is easily my favorite teacher link up.

I love it for two reasons.

1. It motivates me to get stuff done.
2. I get so many awesome ideas from others.

Here we go...

Last Thursday I bought myself a new toy.


The arc system desktop punch.

For the past several years my teacher notebook has been housed in a big 3-ring binder, which I have loved.  

But a few years ago I started noticing that teachers were taking their pages to office stores and having them spiral bound.

While I loved that idea, I didn't like that I couldn't add pages to my notebook.

I even had my notebook bound and then didn't use it.  I threw it in the trash and went back to my binder.

I feel like the binder is so bulky and when opened to my calendar it takes up too much desk space.

So I decided to invest in the arc punch.

And I must say I am LOVING it!!!


My notebook is now arc bound.  I love that is smaller than the binder and I can fold it back on itself so it doesn't take up as much desk space.

I can add or remove pages with no problem.

I have been making all the things to add to my notebook.

I made section covers - which I still need to add tabs to those, but my washi tape is at school.









I found this pin awhile back and decided to recreate it to go with my travel theme.



I made my calendar awhile back.




I like to add things with washi tape.  We all know assemblies get canceled or rescheduled.  Washi tape allows me to move it with no trouble.

In fact I had originally hole punched my calendar for my binder.  I reprinted it to add to my new notebook and just moved the washi tape from the old calendar to the new one.


And the last item I have finished for my notebook - there are several things still in the works - was inspired by MiddleSchoolMotivation.

I follow him on instagram and have loved seeing all his middle school motivation quotes.

I want to do this in my classroom next year, but I know that if I have to find a new quote each week I will quit as soon as I start.

So I decided to be proactive.

I gathered my quotes and made a schedule.

This will ensure I always have a quote and I won't duplicate.




My notebook is definitely my new favorite teaching item.

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this Arc punch before, but it definitely has me intrigued. Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about the Arc punch because I am the same way! Your calendar looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...another toy I want! Thanks for sharing the Arc punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Would you be willing to share your quote schedule?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Send me your email address and I will send it to you.

      Delete
    2. Yay! Sneezy18@hotmail.com

      Delete
    3. I would love the quote schedule as well if you don't mind!!
      gomezj@d93mail.com
      Thank you!! :)

      Delete
    4. I would love the quote schedule as well please.
      lroffine@yahoo.com

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete