Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The One with the Class List

I don't know about you but I'm constantly learning little tricks to help my classroom run smoother.  Some of the tricks I learn are pretty simple.  So simple in fact that I ask myself how I am just now learning them.  Ha!

Now that I'm teaching in an elementary setting, it seems there are a thousand things to keep up with.  Who is missing homework?  Who brought back their fundraiser form?  Who brought back this?  Who brought back that?

There were things I had to keep up with when teaching 7th grade, but nothing like this.  

I keep a clipboard on my desk.




I have a class list for each of my five classes.  I actually try to keep 5 copies for each class.  

Today when my students were turning in their signed progress reports, I grabbed a list and marked off names as students handed me their reports.  It makes it so much easier to keep track with who still owes me things.


See.  Simple.  But it has definitely made my life a little easier this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment