Thursday, April 4, 2013

The One With Random Thoughts!

Yay!  The party has started.  Michelle over at The Organized Senorita was our first guest.  Thank you Michelle for your order.  You are going to LOVE the organizing utility tote.  It makes the perfect school bag.   Don't let her have all the fun!  Come party with us!

Tomorrow is the last day before the big state test.  Thank goodness!  I'm so ready to be done with it.  I know my students are too.  They've worked hard all year long preparing for this week of test. They are ready!

I only have 38 days of school left.  It's bittersweet.  I'm so ready to move and live with my husband again.  I'm super excited to meet my new coworkers and see my new classroom.  But it also breaks my heart to think about leaving my friends at HG.  I'm going to miss them!

How many days do you have left?

I've been thinking about how nice it would be if next year I worked at a school where I could wear jeans every day.  Right now I can wear them on Friday, which I love.  I'm curious - Can you wear jeans every day, certain days of the week, never?  If you could wear jeans every day, would you?
I like dressing up.  But there are some days when I'd be happier in my jeans.

In 18 days, I leave with my friend/co-worker, two parents, and 32 7th-9th graders for California.  We are pumped!  Several are nervous about their first time flying.  They all hope to see someone famous in LA.  We are going to have a blast!!


3 comments:

  1. In the first school where I worked, we wore jeans whenever we wanted. It was awesome, especially on cold or snowy days! I think I probably wore them 2-3 times per week.

    In my current school, we can only wear jeans on celebration Fridays (PBIS), which means about once per month. I HATE it! Especially because our dress code is so much more restrictive aside from that. I had to buy a bunch of new clothes (and shoes), and I can't wait to tear it all off at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at my old school we could wear jeans every Friday or on Game days (which during basketball season was easily abused because JH plays Mondays, HS plays Tuesdays and Fridays) and so I was spoiled. In my new school, we are allowed to wear jeans on the last Friday of the month (boooooooooo) or we could have donated $100 to our scholarship fund and we can wear them every Friday. (Unfortunately for me, at the start of the year I was BROKE and therefore that extra $100 just wasn't available). It has been a good thing though, I do love my jeans but I have found that if I am in my "teacher" clothes I am a lot more adherent to productivity and following the rules and such...... But in the days of inclement weather we have been allowed to wear jeans and that was a blessing.

    You are one brave lady flying with all those 7th graders!!!! I love mine---but I am not sure I want to be on an airplane far away from home for a long period of time with them. I hope your trip is amazing!!!!

    Amanda
    Teaching Texas Teens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being done with state tests! Spanish obviously isn't tested but my kids took ELA two weeks ago & they were very stressed. In May we have math...oh boy. School is getting out for us very late this year from all the snow days- June 26th ... that's too many days to start counting yet!

    Our school has a very relaxed dress code... it's not unusual for someone to wear jeans on any day but I try to save mine for Fridays :)

    Enjoy your trip! I always wish I could take my kids somewhere but all the Spanish speaking destinations are just too far for this age group :(

    Michelle
    The Organized Señorita

    ReplyDelete