Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The One With The Harry Potter Party

Occasionally I can be very stubborn.  There are a few things in life I refuse to do just to go against the grain.  Reading and watching anything Harry Potter related was one of those things until this school year.

I never really had a reason to not read the books or watch the movies.  I simply didn't want to.  This year I have G in my class. G is a big HP fan and immediately started trying to convince me that I needed to read the books.  I figured since I was challenging my students to step out of their comfort zone when it comes to genres, I probably should too.

I gave in and checked out the first book.  I read it.  I liked it.  I liked it a lot.

I've since read the second one and am planning to read number three soon.  When I received an email from scholastic saying J.K.Rowling was doing a webcast for students my interest was peeked.

It turns out it is this Thursday during my Pre AP English class, which G happens to be in.  Perfect.  I got in touch with our technology person and it looks like we should be able to do this.

The party planning began.  Any excuse for fun snacks.  I went to Pinterest of course and found several cute ideas.

I will be serving these Nimbus 2000s



Along with Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans (thanks to my brother).






We will also have the much needed wands.





Cauldron cakes & petit fours are a must simply because they are so yummy.  I'll post a picture of these soon.



To drink we will be having a special potion that changes colors when poured.  The color will determine your house since the Sorting Hat only works in Hogwarts.


My kids and I are super pumped about this.  I love a good party.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this idea! I am now following your blog!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god i love harry poter to and this is an absolutely wizard idea!so smashing! but could you please tell me how you made the colour changing potion? its such a creative idea!
    :)
    Naveesha <3

    ReplyDelete