Sunday, August 14, 2011

The One With The Parent Contact Folder

Tomorrow is the big day! School officially starts tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this year.

I wanted to share with you a little organization tip that I learned from my mentor teacher my first year of teaching. It has to do with parents. I don't know about you, but I am constantly in contact with my students' parents. It happens in many different ways, anything from email to a quick conversation at the grocery store. There is no way the parents or I could remember all the conversations we've had throughout the year.

To help me remember the conversations, I keep a parent contact binder.


Each student has his or her own page in the binder. They are organized alphabetically by last name.



Whenever I have any contact with a parent, I make a quick note of it in the binder on that student's page. If it is an email, I print the email and place it in the binder behind the student's page.

This notebook has saved me a time or two.

There are many other ways to do this exact same thing, but I have found this works well for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have a small chart on the back of the student information sheet that goes home and gets signed. This way everything is together. Also on the same side of the page, I keep a smaller chart that keeps progress report and report card grades. This way, if students have a schedule change after the first semester and they go to another teacher, that teacher knows how the student was doing without having to take the time to look it up.

    ReplyDelete