Monday, May 26, 2014

The One Near The End

We are winding down at QES.  We will have our end of the year awards assembly Wednesday.  I'm told there won't be very many students return after that.  Our official last day is June 3 followed by two days of PD.

The past few weeks have been filled with field trips.  It's been crazy.  We've gone to Magic Springs (an amusement park), to see Rio 2, and to a track and field event.  

Between all those trips and the fact that our math coach has been working with my students on a data project, I feel like I haven't taught in a month.  It's amazing how much more exhausting it is for me to be here and not teach than to be here and teach.

The data project that we've been working on in 6th grade has been really good.  It would be even better if we could work on it consistently.  Our work keeps getting interrupted by those field trips and assemblies.

It's that time of year.

We are planning on doing it in January next year.  I had originally planned to share it with you, but now I'm thinking I will wait until we do it next year.  I don't feel like I have a good idea of what it could really be because of all the interruptions.


How many days do you have left of school?  How are you filling the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment